Classroom Norms for Mathematical DIscussion
CLASSROOM NORMS FOR MATHEMATICAL DISCUSSION
- Every student should share ideas about the lesson.
- Students respectfully listen to one another.
- Students ask another student a question before asking the teacher.
- Students understand that mistakes are opportunities and part of the process of learning.
- Students understand that sharing and discussing reasoning and justification are critical components and expectations of learning in the mathematics classroom.